Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ordinary Man: The Beginning

Over the years, the world has seen more evils than we can conceive as individuals. There are many times when people just sat and watched the violence on television, the devastation of other countries by natural disasters. As a student, I often did not know what I could do, where I could go, and who to send money to. I didn't know what to do when I saw these atrocious acts all over the world. After lots of thinking and studying, I decided to start this blog.

This blog is dedicated to all of the causes and efforts around the world that may not get much attention. I will regularly post information on tragedies happening around the world, as well as give you information on how to lend your support. Even if you do not choose to send money or volunteer, just the knowledge that you will gain could someday lead others to aiding in a cause.

Thanks to everyone who might be reading.

"Our time here on the earth is short, and our chance to make a difference is tiny... Wherever the killing season should next begin and people should become strangers to their neighbors and themselves, my hope is that there will still be those ordinary men who say a quiet no and open the rooms upstairs." -Paul Rusesabagina, from An Ordinary Man: An Autobiography

No comments:

Post a Comment